It is crazy to think that by the end of this month I have been in Huntsville for 6 months. I still find it a little crazy that I am living here and really loving (almost) every moment of it. In the past 6 months I have done so many small things that part of me thinks would not have happened if I had stayed in Somerville.
Since moving here I have:
- Bought a car
- Started hating driving a little less (still not one of my favorite things to do)
- Learned to ball on a very limited budget
- Made friends with people who would have intimated the heck out of me (and who did for the first month)
- Learned to live in peace with another person (if you know me, you’d know I have had some BAD luck with roommates )
- Learned to speak up at work for what I want, what I think, and how I am being utilized.
- Started to gain a greater understanding of where I want my career to go and what I can see myself doing in life.
- Started to stop obsessing over what other people’s opinions are about me.
- Remembered what it is like to just have fun and began to let go of the need to be Queen B.
- Began breaking down the walls I like to keep up and letting another person into my life again. (best choice EVER)
It all may sound silly and like something everyone does. But for someone who let other people define who she wanted to be. These are pretty big accomplishments for me and I am really excited to see what the next 6 months have in store for me.